Last updated: December 2022
This privacy statement describes ImmunoPrecise's use of your personal data. We at ImmunoPrecise are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personal data collected by or submitted to us (or carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf).
Below we explain in more detail how we process your personal data. For purposes of this privacy statement, "personal data" means any information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
This privacy statement applies to all personal data that is collected and used by us when you visit our website www.ipatherapeutics.com and/or use the products and services offered on this website and interact with us through social media or otherwise.
Who we are
ImmunoPrecise Antibodies Ltd. is an innovation-driven, technology platform company that supports its pharmaceutical and biotechnology company partners in their quest to discover and develop novel, therapeutic antibodies against all classes of disease targets.
ImmunoPrecise Antibodies Ltd. and its affiliates are “controllers” for all processing of your personal data via our website, unless specified otherwise. ImmunoPrecise Antibodies Ltd. and its affiliates will be referred to as “ImmunoPrecise”, “we” or “us”.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data when:
- you make purchases of products or services;
- you request support for a product or services;
- you create a user account (login user name and password);
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers or newsletters);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you apply for a job or submit your resume;
- you submit questions or comments to us; and
- you visit and interact with our website.
The types of personal data collected include:
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province, postal code);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- for job applicants submitting electronic information: your educational background, employment experience, and job interest;
- any other identifier that permits ImmunoPrecise to make physical or online contact with you;
- any information that we collect online from you and maintain in association with your account, such as your username and your password;
- your online behaviour, device type, operating system type, browser type, device ID, IP address and other software and hardware information including type, version, language, settings, and configuration;
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us; and
- any other information that you provide to us when you are communicating with us.
Whenever we collect personal data directly from you, we will indicate whether the provision of personal data is mandatory. Such will be the case where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, the active provision of requested personal data is optional.
For what purpose and on what legal basis do we use your personal data?
When you access and use the Website, we will only collect personal data for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example if you make a purchase from us. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services;
- As required by ImmunoPrecise to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests. In particular:
- we will use your personal data to provide services you have requested, and respond to any communications you may send us;
- we monitor use of our products and services, and may use your personal data to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites;
- we may use personal data you provide to personalize our products or services for you;
- we may use your personal data for the purposes of ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to electronic communications networks and stopping damage to computer and electronic communication systems
- we may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we may use your personal data for market research and marketing purposes; and
- we may process data for administrative transfers within a group of companies;
More information about how we have balanced our legitimate interest with your privacy interests can be obtained upon request via email@example.com.
- For compliance with applicable laws and protection of our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- In addition, we will send you, based on your consent (if required), direct marketing communication in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
Furthermore, we may process your personal data, based on your consent, to measure traffic to our website, to personalize our editorial content based on your navigation and to display personalized adds based on your navigation and your profile and provide social media features by the means of cookies.
You can withdraw your consent at any time ("opt out"); see the section "What rights do you have in relation to your data?" below. In case of electronic direct marketing you can opt out by following the instructions in the communication. With regards to cookies, you can withdraw your given consent at any time and manage your cookie preferences by clicking on COOKIE SETTINGS.
Who will we share this data with?
If necessary to perform a service you request from us, to execute an order you have placed or to follow-up on your enquiries, we will share your information with other ImmunoPrecise entities or third party service providers, for example email and hosting providers, suppliers and delivery services.
We (or any third party on our behalf) disclose or transfer personal data to others as follows:
- to service providers that provide hosting services and technology service providers, business process outsourcing service providers and call centre service providers;
- as required in order to establish, exercise or defend or to protect legal claims, including in relation to our contracts with our clients and in order to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our business, any affiliate, our customers or others, including to legal advisors, government and law enforcement authorities and with other parties involved in, or contemplating, legal proceedings;
- to competent regulatory, prosecuting, tax or governmental authorities, courts or other tribunals in any jurisdiction or markets, domestic or foreign, upon their request or in accordance with or as desirable in respect of any applicable Law;
- to any other third parties to the extent such disclosure is required under applicable law or to enable products and services to be provided to you and/or our customers;
- payment infrastructure providers and persons from whom we receive or to whom we make payments on your or our customer's behalf;
- to prospective sellers or buyers as part of a sale or merger of our or any affiliates business or assets (subject to local laws).
Third party service providers will process your information on behalf of ImmunoPrecise for the purposes above. When we share your data with these parties, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are taken to protect your information.
Where will we send your data?
We may transfer your personal data to our ImmunoPrecise affiliates or third parties (e.g., service providers) overseas, which may involve the transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the European Economic Area (EEA). For a list of the countries in which we operate, please see: https://www.ipatherapeutics.com/company/contact-us/
Some of these countries are subject to a European Commission adequacy decision. For other countries, we have put in place European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses (SCC's) within the ImmunoPrecise group or with the relevant third party to protect this personal data (read more here).
We may also rely on other permitted data transfer mechanisms such as third party binding corporate rules (approved by EU data protection authorities and put in place to protect your personal data). You have a right to ask us for a copy of the safeguard used (by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org).
How long do we store your data?
We retain information about you only for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. After that time your personal data will be erased (unless we have the statutory right or obligation to further keep this data).
For example, if you are a customer of ImmunoPrecise, we will keep your information for the duration of the contractual relationship you have with us, and, to the extent permitted, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in this notice. The criteria to determine the storage period are statutory and contractual requirements, the nature of our relationship with you, the nature of the data concerned, technical necessities. Laws may require us to hold certain information for specific periods.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
How do we protect your data?
We strive to maintain a high standard of security and have put in place robust technical and organizational measures for the protection of your data in accordance with the current, general state of the art technologies, especially to protect the data against loss, falsification or access by unauthorized third persons. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
We have a number of measures in place to ensure the security of digitally stored personal data, such as a strict policy on access authorization, instructions on how to ensure security of personal data, a back-up procedure and secured connections. We also have adequate measures in place to secure personal data on hard copy and to physically secure back-up tapes of our digital data.
Access to your personal data is restricted to individuals who need such access in order to assist with our services. We have strict confidentiality obligations that apply to these individuals. Failure to meet these obligations may result in disciplinary and other actions, including dissolution of a contract, termination of employment and criminal prosecution.
What rights do you have in relation to your data?
You have the right to ask us:
- for access to and a copy of your personal data that we hold on you;
- for a copy of the personal data you provided to us and to provide it to you or send to a third party in a commonly used, machine readable format;
- to update or correct your personal data in order to make it accurate;
- to delete your personal data from our records in certain circumstances;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
and you may also:
- object to us processing your personal data in certain circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing;
- withdraw your consent at any time, where we are using your personal data with your consent. This will not affect our use of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of marketing, you can always contact email@example.com. When addressing us, please always provide your name, address and/or email address as well as information about your request.
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country from the local ImmunoPrecise entity with whom you may interact.
Links on our Website and Social Media Buttons
On our website we use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The plug-ins can be identified by the social media buttons marked with the logo of the provider of the respective social media networks.
Information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the respective data protection policies of these providers, where you will also find further information on your rights and options for privacy protection.
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Our website uses Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service provided by the third party provider Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics is used for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This transfer is covered by Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (see: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc) and a separate data processing agreement that we have concluded with Google.
ImmunoPrecise has pledged to adhere to the fundamental principles of privacy and data protection. We therefore regularly review this privacy statement in order to ensure that it is free of errors and clearly visible on our websites, that it contains appropriate information about your rights and our processing activities, and that it is implemented and is compliant with applicable law.
If you have any questions about your data:
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us at:
ImmunoPrecise Antibodies Ltd.
Vancouver Island Technology Park Unit
3204-4464 Markham Street Victoria, British Columbia
V8Z 7X8, Canada
We will address your possible concerns and attempt to resolve any problem.