Make a Difference
the human Race
ImmunoPrecise Antibodies (IPA) is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) with end-to-end technology solutions empowering clients in the discovery and development of antibody therapeutics and diagnostics. We serve our partners through a multi-national, integrated network of facilities in North America and Europe. This enables us to offer a comprehensive range of antibody discovery and development services including, for example, custom antibody generation, characterization, engineering, manufacturing, and humanization. Located in North America and Europe, ImmunoPrecise serves many of the world’s top biotech and pharmaceutical companies in the common mission of conquering life-threatening diseases.
Research Technician - Assay
We are searching for an experienced Assay/Cell Culture Technician to strengthen our Antibody Discovery team. The ideal candidate will have between 2 - 5 years relevant working experience and be able to work as a team member.
$50,000 - $60,000 dependent on skills and experience.
This position is based in Victoria, BC. where the main activity is fee-for-service antibody development for international clients as a CRO.
The benefits of working with IPA Canada include but are not limited to:
- Working in a multi-national, dedicated and result-driven team.
- Opportunities to develop and implement novel technologies.
- Career development and continuing education
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Incentive plan
- Flexible time off policy
- RRSP contribution matching
- Opportunity to participate in certain strategic projects, activities, R&D, or leadership roles aimed at the further development of IPA and the IPA group of companies.
IPA is dedicated to diversity and creating a healthy and inclusive work environment. The company’s full Diversity & Inclusion statement may be found on IPA’s career website located at:
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Perform all in-house assays involved in Antibody Discovery and antibody characterization including ELISA, Flow Cytometry, BLI, and Western blots.
- Perform data analysis on assay outcomes and provide technical comment.
- Perform testing and validation as per the IPA quality management system.
- Work in a team environment between various technologies to meet client project deadlines.
- Perform general mammalian cell culture techniques for maintenance, Flow assays, freezing/thawing, and transient transfections.
- Prepare specialized media and perform quality control.
- Collaborate with the Protein Expression team.
- Create and keep accurate records of work performed
- Work closely with Project Team Leaders to ensure client project plans are executed successfully
- Monitor levels of key lab supplies and replenish as needed
- Follow SOPs and assist in revising current SOPs and developing new ones
- Perform consistent work practices in accordance with IPA protocols and policies.
- Assist in lab organization, equipment maintenance, cleaning, and waste management.
- BSc or higher in biological and/or chemical sciences (or other relevant fields) with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, including primary cultures, adherent and suspension cells.
- Experience with cell culture maintenance (developing or understanding media and growth conditions), freezing, thawing, preparing cells for staining.
- Ability to work with HEK cell lines and cell lines derived from similar tissue a must.
- Experience with ELISA, functional assays, Flow cytometry, FACS, other cell staining techniques required.
- Experience with BLI instruments and SPR preferred.
- Familiarity with automated systems and their outputs including microfluidics and automated pipetting systems is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 Systems (intermediate to expert level excel)
- Strong communication, self-directed organization, and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively on a team and independently.
- Familiar with working in a laboratory environment such as benchwork, a BSC, wearing gloves, etc.
- Must be highly motivated with a flexible, hands-on mentality.
- Demonstrate honesty and professionalism.