Make a Difference
the human Race
ImmunoPrecise Antibodies (IPA) is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) with end-to-end technology solutions empowering clients in the discovery and development of antibody therapeutics and diagnostics. We serve our partners through a multi-national, integrated network of facilities in North America and Europe. This enables us to offer a comprehensive range of antibody discovery and development services including, for example, custom antibody generation, characterization, engineering, manufacturing, and humanization. Located in North America and Europe, ImmunoPrecise serves many of the world’s top biotech and pharmaceutical companies in the common mission of conquering life-threatening diseases.
Research Technician - Protein Expression
We are searching for an experienced Protein Expression Technician to strengthen our Antibody Discovery team. The ideal candidate will have between 2 - 5 years relevant working experience and enjoys working in a team environment.
$50,000 - $65,000 dependent on skills and experience.
This position is based in Victoria, BC. where the main activity is fee-for-service antibody development for international clients as a CRO.
The benefits of working with IPA Canada include but are not limited to:
- Working in a multi-national, dedicated and result-driven team.
- Opportunities to develop and implement novel technologies.
- Career development and continuing education.
- Competitive salary and health benefits.
- Incentive plan.
- Flexible time off policy.
- RRSP contribution matching.
- Opportunity to participate in certain strategic projects, activities, R&D or leadership roles aimed at the further development of IPA and the IPA group of companies.
IPA is dedicated to diversity and creating a healthy and inclusive work environment. The company’s full Diversity & Inclusion statement may be found on IPA’s career website located at:
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Working with the protein expression team, perform plasmid preparations in bacterial cells, transfection and culture of mammalian cell lines, and protein purification and polishing for recombinant antibody production.
- Working with the Assay team, provide support on characterization of purified antibody products.
- Contribute to establishing and implementing new processes and process improvements for the protein expression and characterization workflows.
- Through collaboration with multiple teams, provide support in protein expression capacity planning to ensure timely delivery of client and R&D project deliverables.
- Assist in development and continuous review of SOPs.
- Assist in writing project proposals and reports.
- Provider mentorship and training of junior technical staff.
- Assist in lab organization, equipment maintenance, cleaning, and waste management.
- Coordinate with necessary vendors and service providers as needed.
- Perform consistent work practices in accordance with IPA (Canada) protocols, policies, and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Such other duties as the Company may assign to you from time to time.
- BSc or higher in biological and/or chemical sciences (or other relevant fields) with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in protein expression and purification workflows for recombinant antibody or protein production.
- Experience in mammalian and bacterial cell culture. Experience in stable cell line generation is desirable.
- Strong knowledge or experience in protein characterization techniques (e.g., SEC, Mass Spectrometry, BLI, etc.) is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 systems.
- Strong communication, self-directed organization, and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively on a team and independently
- Familiar with working in a laboratory environment such as benchwork, a BSC, wearing gloves, etc.
- Must be highly motivated with a flexible, hands-on mentality.
- Demonstrate honesty and professionalism.